Notice

Administrator/True Crime Author
Donna G. Smith

Friday, March 31, 2006

Samantha Barremore ~ Samantha Baremore ~ Samatha Baremore: What’s in a Name?

I’m sure Samantha Baremore would say, “My Life”. From the beginning of my search I have found Samantha’s name has been spelled in different ways. Even the North Carolina Judicial system has two different spellings, Samantha Baremore & Samatha Baremore. Congratulations, at least they were trying to cover all the bases. Never on any official document have I seen it spelled Samantha Barremore. Some people may think bringing this up is being petty, but I feel it is just one of the many signs that Law Enforcement are not doing a thorough job.

It’s hard to say what is in the minds of Law Enforcement when they begin an investigation. Are they so rapped up in the big picture they forget to check the smallest of details. I don’t know how serious LE could be in finding her if they can’t even get the spelling of her name correct. What else do they have wrong?

I brought the different spellings of Samantha’s name to the attention of the News Anchor Cameron Kent when I emailed him. In the reply email from Mr. Kent, of WXII, he stated according to LE the spelling of her name had been different based on whom you asked. A simple check of the Davidson County birth records would have cleared it up for Mr. Kent and Mr. Alridge. If I were in charge of finding a missing woman I would want to get her name right.

Yeah, “The devil is in the details”. My daughter was robbed while at work. The man was later arrested with her pocketbook in the backseat of his car. The business even had him on video surveillance. He gave a false name. It was placed on the arrest report. To this day he has never been prosecuted. Yeah, it still sticks in my craw.

So if it turns out that I get her name wrong it won’t be for lack of trying. I choose to go with the Davidson County Vital Statistic Record of Birth: Samantha Baremore. But for those who may be searching for her information I will list it at the top of each post all three ways.

Research on the name of Samantha Baremore:

Ancestry.com
North Carolina Birth Index
Name: Samantha Elizabeth Baremore
Birth: 30 Dec 1979 - Davidson, North Carolina

Index to Vital Statistics Davidson County, North Carolina
Name Samantha Elizabeth Baremore
Birth: 30 Dec 1979 – Lexington, North Carolina
Page – 865
Book – 100

Veromi People Search
BAREMORE, SAMATHA ELIZABETH
Associated names:
BAREMORE, SAMATHA
BAREMORE, SAMATHA ELIZABETH

North Carolina Inmate Search
BAREMORE, SAMATHA or Samantha Baremore
Commitment Type: PROBATION/PAROLE
Conviction Date: 07/20/2000
County of Conviction: FORSYTH
Punishment Type: COMMUNITY SS (DCC)
Sentence Type 1: PROBATION
Sentence Type 2: SUSPENDED SENTENCE
Sentence Type 3: DEPT OF CORR DIV OF PRISONS

No comments:

Post a Comment